Monday, April 9, 2012

Absent Folders

At the beginning of the year, I make 5 absent folders using a regular file folder (often recycling one from last year). I like to make stuff cutsie, so here's the cover…

On the inside cover, I placed the following letter…
I have the folders laminated and placed inside a desk near where students select their lunch for the day upon arrival. Each student in class has a bilingual partner and it is the partner's responsibility to be sure that any papers from the day are placed in the folder for the child who is absent. When the child returns, they talk about the papers from the folder with their partner, table mates, or with me so they know what to do with them and then return the folder to where it belongs so it's ready for someone else to get when needed. 

Have a good day!
Desirée

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Is the cover available for download anywhere? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete